
Well I know that it has been way to long since I have done anything on my blog let alone and update about Mckaylee. Well let me tell you she is getting spunkier everyday. She is now 20 months old. She is doing so many things. I never thought that she would be so independent this young. She is talking so much. She still has her own language sometimes, but most of the time she is talking so I can understand what she says. She is starting to put 2-4 words together. She has recently learned how to count to 2. She is so proud of herself when she does it. She also loves to have us read her books. She has always loved books, but goes through spurts when she likes them more than others. Right now she really likes them. We have to read her a couple of books before she goes to sleep. Whether it is for a nap or bedtime. She also has stopped sucking her thumb. She actually stopped sucking it in December, but I'm a slacker. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get her to stop sucking it. For those of you that don't know she was so attached to it. I thought it was going to be the most difficult thing we were going to have to do. All we did was put a band-aid on her thumb for about 4 days and she stopped. With the band-aid on she wouldn't put it in her mouth. It was great! Mckaylee has also learned how to jump. We all know how kids jump. They think they are jumping 20 feet in the air, when they actually jump 2 in. of the ground. She has to jump everywhere we go. She jumps down every stair when you are holding her hand. She loves to try and sing. Her favorite songs are Twinkle Twinkle, Old McDonald. Mckaylee also still has the best dance moves you will ever see. Paul has now taught her to smack her bum when she dances. It is the cutest thing. Her favorite song to dance to is "Low" by Flo Rida. I know that is the best music for my 1 year old to listen to. Here are some random pictures that we have taken of Mckaylee. I went to get Mckaylee out of bed one morning and her one arm was out of her PJ's. How she accomplished that I don't know. The other day I made brownies and I let her lick the beaters. I was doing something in the kitchen and when I turned around Mckaylee had climbed into Paul's work shoes. The one where she is on the floor with her arms on her head is her trying to do a sit up. I was working out that day and she laid down on the floor and was trying to do the same exercises as me and that was the only one Paul could get. She was also trying to do lunges. Well I know I wrote a novel. I should do this more often so I don't have to write this much, but I'm lazy.





5 comments:
So... looking at your photos, sometimes I just can't believe the resemblances between Janey and McKaylee. Must be those cute chubby cheeks and dark hair, I guess. I love the update.
I linked here from Em's blog, I hope you don't mind me reading along. :)
Man she is growing up. It sure has been a while. She is such a little cutie pie. I am glad you and Paul had a good time in Vegas too I am sure that was a nice little getaway!
She so cute! I miss her. Thanks for finally updating :)
Love the brownie batter Pictures!!
She is soooo cute! And...getting so big. It's been too long!
Post a Comment